img { max-width: WIDTHpx !important;

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Revitanail topcoat

Today I'm doing a review on Revitanail's topcoat. I'm a massive fan of Revitanail products, so I couldn't wait to use their topcoat! 



What it claims to do:
  • Fast drying.
  • Glossy, smooth finish.
  • Bubble-free, instant dry.
  • Provides ultra high gloss shine
  • Leaves a smudge-free finish
General info:
  • Price: priceline: $10 (AUD), Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist: $14.95 (AUD)
  • 14ml
  • Clear glass bottle
  • Long, thin brush
  • Thin consistency


Pros:
  • I love that it has a long brush that reaches the bottom. It means that I can get every last drop!
  • It dries super fast! I'd say 2-3 minutes for me, but definitely before 5 minutes.
  • Thin consistency, which means no gloopy polish! 
  • Gives a really nice shine that lasts about 2-3 days.
  • I find that it didn't chip for about 5 days, but keep in mind that I'm a student so I don't do much to cause the polish to chip ;) 
  • Have bed sheet prints on your nails from undried polish? This topcoat covers them up!

Cons:
  • It can smudge your art work if you stroke too many times
  • Because of it's thin consistency, it doesn't smooth out rough glitters. It would need about 3 coats, depending on how coarse the glitter is.
  • After using it a few times, I found that it did bubble. Very disappointed.
  • The polish would crack, and is quite visible. You wouldn't notice it if the polish underneath is glitter, but if it were any other colour, it would be noticeable! 
                                          With topcoat.                                Without topcoat

If you have read the older version of this post, you would know that I really liked this topcoat. After further use of it, I began to dislike it. It bubbles (yes, they stated that it didn't), and cracks your polish, which I've never seen happen before! It is really shiny and quick drying though. It also smudges nail polish. DISAPPOINTED! To be honest, save your money and don't buy this topcoat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment