img { max-width: WIDTHpx !important;

Friday 14 February 2014

Nicole by O.P.I Gumdrop

Hello ladies, today I have two polishes from Nicole by O.P.I. These are my first ever O.P.I polishes (I know, my FIRST EVER... It's quite expensive over here in Australia!). I got these 2 for $20 from Target ages ago, as you can see if you look through my Instagram. These two are from the Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection 2013.

Red polish: My Cherry Amour,  
Turquoise polish: That's What I Mint 


My Cherry Amour

I had trouble capturing this colour, as I took it in direct Aussie sun. It's more bright than it's supposed to look. I love this colour, it's so pretty. It's magenta in colour, but I captured it of more as a red colour. It applied smoothly, and was quite opaque in 1 coat. Scattered throughout the polish is small holographic glitters that attack your eyes with sparkle when you walk into direct sunlight. I used two coats for the swatches below, no topcoat, direct sunlight:



That's What I Mint

I'm a total sucker for mint/turquoise polishes, so when faced with the choice of choosing, I just had to pick this one! This polish is packed with turquoise and micro silver glitter, and has a purple undertone which you can see quite clearly if you hold the bottle up at a certain angle. I used 2 coats below, no topcoat, direct sunlight:


BEWARE! I STAIN!!

I have to admit that the thought of textured polishes wasn't appealing to me a t first, but I've found that over the past 5-6 months, I've been buying a lot of textured polishes. These Gumdrop polishes are gorgeous, and I've read many reviews that say the brush is horrible. I disagree. It takes less strokes to fully cover my nails, and I found that less clean-up was needed, which is great because cleaning up textured polishes are a nightmare. I totally recommend these polishes, even though I've only tried 2. The formula is great, and the sparkle is divine!!
What are your thoughts on this polish? Would you ever try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment